Saturday 7 January 2012

Developing My Idea

Here is another idea for my project.


Below is the exercise we carried out in class that assembled my thoughts.
The exercise began with an opening about a character called Ross, and his age, and we were given an opening sentence and then we all started a story as to where Ross was.

Then we passed it to the next person in the class who added the dialogue, and then onto to another person who added in an object.


The next person added another character, then lastly it was finished off by the final pupil.


Here is a copy of the exercise:


This helped us all generate ideas for a film opening.

In my case I used the theme of having a single colour running though the film. I decided here that i could use a red balloon though the film to signify hope.

This also reminded me a Schindler's List where Spielberg used black and white photography throughout the film, but a girl was depicted in red, and the audience were drawn to her as a thread throughout the film. She is seem hiding from the Nazis in the ghettos but later is seen on a pile of bodies in a concentration camp.

This was a very powerful image, and made a big impact on me.

This started me thinking about the red theme throughout the opening sequence.

No comments:

Post a Comment